Thursday, April 20, 2017

Life is beautiful

In this movie I noticed a lot that the dad made sure his kid didn't know the truth about what actually was happeneing. It really helped me imagine what is was like for a loving Jewish family during that time in the holocuast and what they had to go through to see each other. It also helped me think about how much I would miss my mom and sisters. Also the hard work and effort I would have to put in to stay alive at the time. Something I noticed that was different between reading about the holocoaust and watching the movie was that in the readings it never said anything about parents convincing the children that nothing bad was happeneing.

In the movie there was a parade at the end, however in the stories about it I dont remember anything happening about parades at the end of the war. Also I don't like the fact that in the movie the child never found out about his dead dad. In the movie the Nazis where shaving the Jews heads and then using their hair for clothes and coats. But when I was reading about it, it only mention them taking the Jews clothes and reusing them.

Life is shown as beautiful in the movie when the dad tricks his son and making him think everything is alright. There was also beauty when the son spoke out to his mom over the loud speaker. Finally life is shown as beautiful when the mom and son met up and hugged for the first time since the war began.

1 comment: